Make a baked Camembert to impress your guests. They'll never guess how easy this is to prepare.
My sister, here husband and their friends love cheese. I added Asian pears (which I knew as apple-pears growing up) and got a nice walnut baguette to serve it with. It disappeared quickly.
Even though I stay away from gluten and dairy, I did try a few slices of this wonderful treat. Let me tell you, the melted cheese, the sweet Asian pear and the crunch of the walnuts makes a divine combination. I think some good quality salami would be wonderful with this, too.
At my parents' house, there are always many appetizers to chose from. Quite a spread appears, seemingly out of nowhere, as soon as they know someone is on their way over. Not sure how she does it, but Gran Fran usually gets some homemade focaccia bread in the oven, pulls together some roasted hot peppers and an assortment of salami.
Since most of the entertaining I do involves going to friends' houses, I try to bring along a few great side dishes or appetizers. This baked Camembert will go into regular rotation!
Baked Camembert with Asian Pears and Baguette
- 1 wheel good quality Camembert cheese, placed in a baking dish
- 2 Asian pears washed and sliced
- 1 baguette, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the baking dish with the cheese in it in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until you see it starting to brown on top and soften.
- Serve with the Asian pear spread on toasted baguette.