Hello and welcome to another juice recipe. I'm no longer on my juice cleanse, but I loved the juices I made so much, that I decided to continue making them.
This week's juice has a few ingredients I haven't included in previous juices: watermelon and grapefruit. Wow! The watermelon is just the right sweetness to offset the earthiness of the beets. The grapefruit's sour tartness tastes just right against the smooth, bright flavor of the avocado. Topped off with fresh coconut water, this juice is my favorite so far.
It's a lot thinner than the other juices I've made, not in a bad way, but in a really refreshing way. I thought I liked the juice to be more of a pureed salad, but now really want more of a liquid texture. Now that I'm making juice on a more regular basis I'm learning that I need to trust my instincts when it comes to flavor mixing. Juice after juice, I've been really pleased with all of my combinations.
Raw Beet, Avocado, Nectarine, Strawberry, Watermelon, Grapefruit Juice
- 1/2 avocado, skin removed, cut into chunks
- 1 small nectarine, pit removed, sliced
- 1 grapefruit, skin removed, cuts into chunks
- 4 small strawberries, sliced
- 1 beet, skin removed, sliced
- 3 small pieces watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup coconut water
- Ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients in a blender or drink mixer with a good blade.
- Pulse on high until everything is chopped up.
- If you want the juice to be thinner, add more coconut or regular water to the mix.