Are you sick of me and my anchovies yet? This is likely to be my last post about the little fish that I love for awhile as I seem to have run out of anchovies in my pantry. And, I'd like to feature other ingredients, so will probably take the 'chovies off the list for a bit so as not to bore you (or my taste buds). But, I just couldn't deprive you of this toasty treat.
I often find myself not really eating all that much while I'm shooting and writing. Eventually, I do eat what I'm working on, but I guess I just get so into my work that I kind of forget to eat. Funny, since I'm working with food (I know you got that, just had to say it, too).
The toast pictured above has been fried and covered with onion and shallot marmalade, topped with an anchovy and some black pepper. I know, it's not for everyone, but it certainly made my day.
Fried Toast with Anchovy
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 piece of bread (I use Udi's Gluten-Free White Sandwich Bread)
- 1 recipe Onion and Shallot Marmalade (recipe here)
- 1 Anchovy Filet
- Black Pepper to taste
- Heat a small skillet over high heat.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and heat up until just before the oil smokes.
- Fry the bead on both sides until it's as brown as you'd like it.
- Serve by putting the onion and shallot marmalade on the toast and topping it off with the anchovy and some pepper.
If you eat cheese, you can also add some grated Parmesan on top.