I know it's really hot outside, but if you can deal with it, you need to make some roasted vegetables. There are many great choices at the farmer's markets right now: beets, potatoes, zucchini.
The best part is, that once you make it through the roasting, you'll have plenty leftover for upcoming meals. You can serve these veggies as part of a green salad, as a pizza topping, or just on their own, cold with some salt and pepper.
Roasted Vegetables: Beets, Potatoes and Zucchini
You can cook all the veggies at once, but I prefer to do them individually so that they each keep their own flavor.
- 4 to 6 zucchini sliced into rounds
- 8 to 10 beets, peeled and cut into chunks
- 10 yukon gold potatoes sliced into rounds
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place an empty jelly roll pan in to heat up at the same time.
- Once the oven has preheated, carefully remove the tray from the oven, pour 1/4 cup of the olive oil onto the tray and place the zucchini on top.
- Turn the zucchini slices over several times to coat in the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the pieces have browned and softened.
- Repeat this process with the beets and the potatoes.