Today is a day to go out and have fun with your dad. Whether you're playing golf, running races or taking a boat ride, you can make a wonderful meal for your dad with little to no effort.
Pull together these 4 ingredients, throw three of them into the slow cooker and head on out to your fun day with dad. When you get home from all your fun, a nice BBQ pulled pork awaits you. Served on bread, rolls or even over pasta, this pulled pork is the base for many satisfying meals.
So go ahead, celebrate dad and make his day with a BBQ pulled pork meal!
Happy father's day to all you dads out there!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
Originally published on the Kraft website.
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (3 lbs.)
- 3 onions, sliced, separated into rings
- 18 ounces Barbecue Sauce (I used Stubb's Sweet sauce)
- 8 Udi's Gluten Free Rolls
- Place meat in slow cooker; top with onions and barbecue sauce.
- Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours).
- Remove meat from slow cooker
- Cut off excess fat and fry it in a pan over high heat to serve as a crispy topping for the pork.
- Chop meat into small pieces or shred with fork. Return to slow cooker and stir to coat with sauce.
- Fill rolls with meat mixture and serve.