When you have a sore throat and are coming down with a cold, ginger and cayenne tea is the way to go. Add lemon, garlic, and honey and you'll be fixed up well quickly.
The strong taste, the heat from the cayenne and the warmth of the garlic will help you sweat out whatever ails you.
Oh, and if you so desire, add a bit of bourbon or whiskey for a little something extra.
Ginger and Cayenne Tea
- 1 lemon, cut in half, juice squeezed into the pan
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (if you must, you can use 1/8 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cloves garlic, skin removed, cut into chunks
- Put everything in a small saucepan.
- Bring the brew to a boil, reduce to medium and heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain through a funnel into a cup or bowl.
- Drink while still piping hot.
- Wrap up in warm blankets and sleep the night away.